Our 14th great grandmother Baroness Margaret
married Sir Oliver St.John of Fonmon in the 15th
Fonmon in Glamorganshire is now owned by the descendants of the Jones family who purchased the castle in 1656 from Oliver St.John of Bletsoe, 2nd Earl Bolingbroke. Sir Brooke Boothby who inherited Fonmon discovered that his family line can also be traced back to the St.John family.
Lydiard House & Park in Wiltshire was ackquired by the Swindon Council in 1943 and renovated to create a public Parkland and the Mansion houses a Museum Collection mainly dedicated to the St.Johns of Lydiard.
Latest Family News
Lydiard Heritage Trust are awarded Preferred Bidder Status
With the support and financial backing from The Friends of Lydiard Park and a great deal of time & effort from the Lydiard Heritage Trust team it is very likely that the new Heritage Trust will take over the management of Lydiard Park.
Final bid from Lydiard Heritage Trust
The Lydiard Heritage Trust have submitted a bid to take over the management of Lydiard Park. The not-for-profit community Trust hope to win the bid and give the House & Park a secure furure as a public open-space park with a centre of heritage. They plan to maintain and develop the Museum collections while supporting historical research and preserving the extensive archive held in the House.
The Friends of Lydiard Park organise a Public meeting to discuss the future of Lydiard Park
Following an on-line petition with a simultaneous hard copy petition (for those not on-line) where more than 10,000 people stated their concern that Lydiard Park might be taken over by a commercial venture rather than a community Trust, the Friends of Lydiard Park arranged a public meeting and invited Council representatives, MPs and other Stake Holders to meet and listen to each others views about the future of Lydiard Park.